Transition Office Contacts
Supply Clergy Information
For an electronic form that will send a message to the EDNY Priests List Serv requesting help with supply coverage click here. Note: by using this form you are agreeing to follow the minimum diocesan compensation guidelines (included below) for Sunday supply priests.
A listing of clergy who have indicated their availability for short-term supply work can be found on the A-Z Supply Clergy List. Click here to download the list(s), a MS Word document. Within this document following the A-Z list are lists for each of the 10 counties of the Diocese (Bronx, Dutchess, Manhattan, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Staten Island, Sullivan, Ulster, and Westchester). These lists are provided as a courtesy to churches of the Episcopal Diocese of New York only.
If you want to invite a priest who is not on this list, please contact the Transition Ministry Office before you do, at 212-316-7421.
The supply list(s) will be updated around 1st of each month and/or as warranted. Clergy on the supply list(s) can update info & availability by completing the online Supply Clergy Update Form by clicking here. The Transition Ministry Office receives information, and then updates are made to the list(s).
Compensation for Supply Clergy
As of January 1, 2021, the Diocese recommends the following minimum compensation guidelines for Sunday supply priests:
- $200 for one Sunday service and sermon
- $300 for two Sunday services and sermon
- $110 for a week-day service
- $330 for a Funeral, including planning the liturgy and follow up
- $165 for a graveside service
- $440 for a Celebration and Blessing of a Marriage, including 3 preparatory sessions with the couple
- $200 or $300 for Holy Week services of the Eucharist with sermon
- Note: Travel reimbursement in accordance with IRS rates applies to all of the above services.
- Travel reimbursement includes all public transportation fares (with receipts) OR mileage at the standard IRS mileage reimbursement rate (56 cents per mile in 2021) and tolls.
- Ministry in addition to the Sunday or week-day services is to be compensated at an additional minimum hourly rate of $35, plus travel, to be agreed upon by the parish and priest. For guidance please contact the Transition Ministry Office.
- Statement of Pension Assessment: If supply clergy who are active (that is, not retired and drawing pension benefits) supply for the same congregation for two or more consecutive months, a mandated assessment of 18% of the cash stipend is to be submitted [by the congregation] to the Church Pension Fund, retroactive to the first month/Sunday of service.