Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns
The Episcopal Church Welcomes You
The New York City LGBT Pride March, June 2017. Photos: Kara Flannery and Tim Martin.
The Diocesan Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns is a committee of the Social Concerns Commission of the diocese.
Mission StatementThe Diocesan Committee on LGBT Concerns promotes the visibility, equality and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning Episcopalians and their families in the diocese of New YorkThe Committee:
- Serves as a clearinghouse for ministries, services and events within the diocese for its LGBTQ members, and supports and promotes these ministries
- Partners with existing ministries that serve LGBTQ persons, such as Integrity New York, CFLAG (Clergy Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays), and the Interfaith Task Force for LGBTQ Youth
- Promotes social witness for the experiences and needs of LGBTQ Episcopalians in the diocese
- Identifies welcoming parishes within the diocese and works to engage additional parishes in the welcoming process
- Advocates for policies that promote acceptance and equality for LGBTQ persons in the diocese, the larger church, and society at large