Supply Clergy Information
For an electronic form that will send a message to the EDNY Priests List Serv requesting help with supply coverage click here. Note: by using this form you are agreeing to follow the minimum diocesan compensation guidelines (included below) for Sunday supply priests.
The clergy who have indicated their availability for short-term supply work can be found on the lists below which are organized by county. These lists are provided as a courtesy to churches of The Episcopal Diocese of New York only. Click on the county below where your church is located to download the list of clergy who are available in your area (lists are PDF file format):
If you want to invite a priest who is not on this list, please contact the Transition Ministry Office before you do, at 212-316-7421.
The supply lists will be updated around the 1st of each month. May, June, and July, the lists will be updated twice a month, around the 1st and 15th.
Clergy on these lists can update their information/availability quickly and easily by completing the Supply Clergy Update Form. This form is completed online, info is received by the Transition Ministry Office, and then updates are made to the lists. Providing up-to-date accurate information about availability will help those using these lists to determine if they should contact someone or not.
Click here to complete Supply Clergy Update Form.
The Diocese of New York recommends the following minimum compensation guidelines for Sunday supply priests:
- $180 for one Sunday service and sermon
- $270 for two Sunday services and sermon
- $100 for a week-day service
- $300 for a Funeral, including planning the liturgy and follow up
- $150 for a graveside service
- $400 for a Celebration and Blessing of a Marriage, including 3 preparatory sessions with the couple
- $180 or $270 for Holy Week services of the Eucharist, with sermon, on Maundy Thursday
- $180 or $270 for Holy Week services on Good Friday
Note: Travel reimbursement in accordance with IRS rates applies to all of the above services.
- Travel reimbursement includes all public transportation fares (with receipts) OR mileage at the standard IRS mileage reimbursement rate (54.5 cents per mile in 2018) and tolls.
- Ministry in addition to the Sunday or week-day services is to be compensated at an additional hourly rate, plus travel, to be agreed upon by the parish and priest. For guidance please contact the Transition Ministry Office.
- Statement of Pension Assessment: If supply clergy, who are active (that is, not retired and drawing pension benefits), and who supply for the same congregation for two or more consecutive months, a mandated assessment of 18% of the cash stipend is to be submitted to the Church Pension Fund, retroactive to the first month/Sunday of service.
Transition Office Contacts