Supply Clergy Information
The clergy who have indicated their availability for short-term supply work can be found on the lists below which are organized by county. These lists are provided as a courtesy to churches of The Episcopal Diocese of New York only. Click on the county below where your church is located to download the list of clergy who are available in your area (lists are PDF file format):
If you want to invite a priest who is not on this list, please contact the Transition Ministry Office before you do, at 212-316-7421.
The supply lists will be updated around the 1st of each month. During the summer months of June, July, and August, the lists will be updated twice a month, around the 1st and 15th.
Clergy on these lists can update their information/availability quickly and easily by completing the Supply Clergy Update Form. This form is completed online, info is received by the Transition Ministry Office, and then updates are made to the lists. Providing up-to-date accurate information about availability will help those using these lists to determine if they should contact someone or not.
Click here to complete Supply Clergy Update Form.
The Diocese of New York recommends the following minimum compensation guidelines for Sunday supply priests:
- $180 for one Sunday service and sermon
- $270 for two Sunday services and sermon
- $100 for a week-day service
- $300 for a Funeral, including planning the liturgy and follow up
- $150 for a graveside service
- $400 for a Celebration and Blessing of a Marriage, including 3 preparatory sessions with the couple
- $180 or $270 for Holy Week services of the Eucharist, with sermon, on Maundy Thursday
- $180 or $270 for Holy Week services on Good Friday
Note: Travel reimbursement in accordance with IRS rates applies to all of the above services.
- Ministry in addition to the Sunday or week-day services is to be compensated at an additional hourly rate, plus travel, to be agreed upon by the parish and priest. For guidance please contact the Transition Ministry Office.
- Travel reimbursement includes all public transportation fares (with receipts) OR mileage at the standard IRS mileage reimbursement rate (54.5 cents per mile in 2018) and tolls.
- Statement of Pension assessment: “If supply clergy, who are active (that is, not retired and drawing pension benefits), earn $200 or more per month in salary and/or housing from the same congregation for three or more consecutive months, an assessment of 18% to the Church Pension Fund is mandated, retroactive to the first month.”
Transition Ministry Contacts